Sunday, March 9, 2014

We actually made it…Saturday evening cultural celebration



[My Dad is posting about the Church meetings because I had the flu and stayed at the hotel with my Mom and Lucy.  We got to Albania late Saturday and Dad missed much of the cultural celebration, but got there in time to meet some of the Albanian Saints.]  We finally made it to Albania.  While the girls settled in and got in bed after a long, long trip, I took a cab over to the cultural celebration at the Tirana International Hotel.  My emotions got the best of me to walk in the back and see a room full of Albanian Saints, singing the hymns of Zion and engaging in music and fun.  I saw handsome, polite young men, young women wearing their YW medallions proudly, mothers and fathers with their young children, showing the Restored Gospel has really taken root here.  The music was amazing!  One of the singers is a national star, and joined the Church a few years ago.  He has as good a tenor voice as I've heard anywhere.  The choir was outstanding.  The missionaries also sang.  I was able to re-connect with some of the people I taught the Gospel.  Words cannot describe the joy of witnessing their continued faithfulness and goodness.  Elder Kearon of the Seventy spoke as well as the mission president, President Ford.

No comments:

Post a Comment